Sunday, October 15, 2006

Don't you ever wonder how the hell does Stevie Wonder see things?

I know you've all been desperately waiting for me to talk about music so you can find out what you're allowed to like and dislike so if we are all seated comfortably I shall let you know what I'm listening to at the moment.

I first came across Hot Chip at the BBC Big Weekend earlier this year and they blew me away with their savvy lyrics, kicking tunes and geekstyle. My mate Graham says they sound like a load of geeks who've just found out that those buttons on the synth make funny noises and want to play, this is not a bad thing in my view.

Brian Eno is a god. The godfather of ambient, a fantastic producer and a top artist. My Life in the Bush of Ghosts with David Byrne is a must buy if you even pretend to like music.

You already love Talking Heads of course so nuff said.

Damian Marley
dispenses his own brand of hiphop reggae that concerns itself with todays Jamaica. He only really falls down when he tries to use his dads stuff strangely enough.

Takako Minewaka is my current fave Japanese artist with a really good electronic sound.

And if you want some great Scottish musioc check out Teenage Fanclub, Primal Scream and for all you hip kids who like being into the next big thing Dundee's very own The View.

I hate Phil Collins with a passion.

No comments: