Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wot I done on my weekend

Well apart from partying down in a gangsta stylee of course but let's take that one as a given.

Daisy: We live in a fantasy world, Tim. We've just constructed this fake utopia where y'know we never get old and never have to face the responsibilities of adulthood. We're just stretching our childhoods out as far as they can go.
Tim: Yeah, I know. We're lucky aren't we?
Daisy: I mean, I'm not going to be wearing plastic jewlery when I'm 40.

I bought and spent most of my time watching both series of Spaced in the new snazzy 3-disc collectors edition. For those of you not aware of this show it was a sitcom from the turn of the century about two 20-somethings who fake being a couple in order to get a flat and is the best sitcom ever made probably because the stars and writers are almost exactly the same age as me and big geeks.

[to a Star Wars: The Phantom Menace fan]
Tim Bisley: You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your fifty 'p's, take your pocket money and get out!
[the little boy runs off, crying]
Tim Bisley: What a prick.


Of course you'll know of Simon Pegg from his film Shaun of the Dead which shares a lot of the humour of Spaced and his new film Hott Fuzz is in post-production now for a release next year. I was worried that it might not be as good as I remember it but it is absolutely perfect. When Rosa got back she watched the first 5 episodes and agreed it's great though I disagree in her comparing me to Tim.

Bilbo Bagshot: What about the Ewoks eh? They were rubbish. You don't complain about them.
Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft.


I also picked up and started reading The Zombie Survival Guide. Now you lot may laugh but don't come running to me when the dead rise and you're not prepared!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spaced rocks.

And yes, Garry - I am trying to pop by and read occasionally.

I didn't get to the Black Seeds gigs in the end though - but you knew that, and I likewise know that Rosa's gonna kill me!